Monday, March 2, 2015

Where the Tigers Play

This week, I was commissioned by a dear friend to create something for a very special baby.  This baby, Guy, has some serious Clemson roots- his last name is Hendrix (ever heard of it?).  Even though I was sure this baby boy had already received a multitude of orange gifts, I still felt it necessary to create something Clemson-themed. 

Being commissioned to create a piece of art is always interesting and poses unique- but fun- challenges.  Sometimes customers have exact ideas of what they want; others present a mental collage and need some help tying it together; and some just say “I trust your creative mind!”  With this case, it was the last option which always adds a little pressure, especially given the recipient!  In my previous job, I learned a lot about how to work with customers to create designs, so I feel it’s important to include them in the process, even if they leave it completely up to my creativity.

What I finally decided to make was a little homage to Clemson’s Alma Mater – I pulled the second line, “Where the tigers play," and incorporated it with a little tiger cub playing with blocks which spelled the baby’s name “GUY.”  I sent my friend a visual aid to get her approval, and of course, it was a hit. While out to brunch, she even ran into Dabo Swinney and showed him the proof, and he and his wife apparently loved it.  So there’s my claim to fame.


Thank you, Mrs. Lyles, for the opportunity to create something so special and personal! 


Facebook    

6 comments:

  1. I would have given anything to see Mrs. Lyles show this to Coach and Mrs. Coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Dabo looked at Wayne , after he hugged me😃, and said "She isn't shy is she?" Wayne said, "Not at all, you need HER on your recruiting team!" After pictures were made I held them hostage while I searched for Hayden's proof on my phone. They loved it and they said they have already met baby Guy. I'll have to show them the real painting when I get it. They were great!! Wayne and Elise were probably rolling their eyes or under the table. Ha!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I posted the same comment two times so I deleted one of them. I'm not a blogger. It took me 40 minutes just to get my comment to post. :-/

      Delete
  2. Hahaha especially when it was just the digital proof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete